Sales & Adoption Policy
Oink, Oink, Mini Pigs!
Sales & Adoption Policy Agreement
AT Oink, Oink, Mini Pigs!, as responsible breeders, we are committed to controlling the over population and production of unwanted pigs and protecting the quality of the breed’s standards. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that, as a potential Oink, Oink, Mini Pig owner, you read and agree with the terms and conditions of our Sales & Adoption Policy Agreement outlined below prior to submitting our adoption request application.
- It is understood by the purchaser that all piglets/pigs sold by Oink, Oink, Mini Pigs! are strictly pets and never to be used as a breeding animal.
- Purchaser agrees to spay the purchased piglet before it reaches maturity.
- In order to be considered as a purchaser of an Oink, Oink, Mini Pigs! piglet, an Adoption Request Application must be completed on our site and submitted to us. By doing so, you will confirm that you have researched and have become well informed of the responsibilities of owning a mini pig. Furthermore, it will attest that you have read and agreed with the terms and conditions of Oink, Oink, Mini Pig’s Sales & Adoption Policy Agreement.
- All adoption request applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Oink, Oink, Mini Pigs! reserves the right to refuse the sale of a piglet/pig at any given time and solely at our discretion. Once the application has been approved, the prospective piggy purchaser will be notified immediately via e-mail and will receive confirmation on the availability of the chosen piglet(s) on the adoption request application.
- In the case that the piglet chosen has been sold, we will notify you of the current inventory available. At that time, you may choose to select another piglet or possibly wait for an upcoming litter.
- Once the confirmation e-mail is received, the purchaser may proceed with the purchase of the confirmed available piglet by making a reservation deposit of $500.00 (non-refundable, no exceptions) on our Available Piggies page utilizing the PayPal service link on your piggy selection. This service allows for an easy, safe and secure transaction. All major credit cards are accepted through the use of PayPal. A 3% transaction fee of the total sale amount will be applicable when utilizing PayPal Services.
- The purchaser will have 3 hours after receiving the confirmation e-mail to make the reservation deposit of $500.00 to reserve the piglet chosen. Failure to make the deposit payment within the 3 hour period will forfeit the reservation, consequently returning the piglet to available inventory.
- Once the piglet reaches 6-8 weeks old and/or is fully weaned, the purchaser will be notified via e-mail of the following important information:
- Expected shipping/delivery date.
- Request for shipping/delivery information. For shipping, confirmation of the purchaser’s nearest (available) airport is required. For delivery, confirmation of an agreed upon meeting place and time is required.
- Notification of the final balance payment due date.
- Final balance payment must be made within 24 hours of receiving the e-mail notification, utilizing the PayPal service link on your piggy selection. Shipping reservations will not be made until balance is paid in full.
- Failure to make the final balance payment as agreed will result in cancellation of the purchase. The reserved piglet will be returned to available inventory and the non-refundable deposit of $500.00 will be forfeited. There will be no exceptions.
Sales & Adoption Policy
- Said Piglet/Pig ___________________________ will be bounded by this Sales & Adoption Policy Agreement. This agreement applies to the original purchaser only and is non-transferrable to another party.
- All deposits and/or payments are non-refundable except in the unfortunate event of a loss of the piglet/pig while in our possession.
- It is understood by the purchaser that all piglets/pigs sold by Oink, Oink, Mini Pigs are strictly sold as pets and are never to be used for breeding unless full breeder rights are sold and established.
- Purchaser has read and agrees to abide by Oink, Oink, Mini Pigs’ *Spay Agreement (See below).
- Said piglet/pig must be seen by a licensed veterinarian of purchaser’s choice within 3 days of possession. If the animal is found to be sickly or unhealthy, the purchaser must contact the seller immediately in writing via e-mail, at email@example.com. Failure to notify us in a timely manner (within 3 days of possession), will forfeit our *Healthy Pig Guarantee (See below). A signed veterinarian’s report stating the findings must be emailed to seller by the vet’s office at once. The seller will replace the said piglet/pig with another piglet/pig of equal value. If a piglet/pig of higher value is requested, then purchaser is responsible for the difference. A replacement will only be offered if the said piglet/pig was examined by a licensed doctor of veterinary medicine within 3 days. NO REFUNDS will be issued, no exceptions!
- If said piglet/pig must be returned to seller due to an unsatisfactory health examination, the said piglet/pig must be returned to the seller within the 72 hours of receiving the vet’s report. Purchaser will be responsible for any cost involved in the return of the piglet/pig. Seller WILL NOT refund shipping cost, delivery costs or any vet expenses.
- Purchaser agrees that they will NEVER surrender said piglet/pig to a rescue, shelter or another person without first contacting Oink, Oink, Mini Pigs in writing via e-mail.
- Seller does NOT guarantee weight or height of the piglet/pig at maturity. Our exceptional breeding herd’s bloodlines include a variety of miniature breeds, resulting in the optimal offspring. The “estimated” mature size of our piglets is based on past litter results and pairing of specific breeder pigs. Our mature breeding herd’s height ranges from 11″-16″ tall (11″ being a rare exception). What determines the height, weight and size of a mini pig at maturity is not based solely on genetics. A healthy and well balanced diet, lifestyle and daily exercise regimen play a major part in the development and mature size of miniature pigs. These determining factors are impossible for us to enforce once they leave our care, therefore guaranteeing mature size inconceivable.
- Purchaser agrees to provide piglet/pig with proper housing, shelter, veterinarian care, healthy socialization, ongoing training and a variety of enrichment activities.
- Purchaser agrees to provide piglet/pig with a healthy & well balanced nutritional diet and follow OOMP’s recommended feeding guidelines at all times. Furthermore, purchaser will make certain that the piglet/pig receives plenty of outdoor time and exercise DAILY!
- Seller will NOT be responsible for flight delays or cancellations of flights. If said piglet/pig is flying, in the event that the worst should happen and said piglet/pig should pass away or get lost during transit, prior to purchaser taking possession, seller will replace said piglet/pig. Seller will be responsible for the cost of shipping a replacement.
- Purchaser understands that seller will give an approximate delivery and/or shipping date for said piglet/pig, but unforeseen factors can happen and delay such date. Purchaser agrees to accommodate any such delay that may deem necessary for the wellbeing of said piglet/pig.
- Full payment is expected prior to any delivery and/or shipping of said piglet/pig.
***Healthy Pig Guarantee***
All of our piglets/pigs will be carefully examined by a licensed veterinarian prior to shipping or delivery. A Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) will be issued and accompany every piglet/pig at the time of possession, assuring the purchaser a healthy piglet/pig.
All piglets/pigs are guaranteed to be in good health and free from visible signs of infections, contagious or communicable diseases at the time of shipping or delivery.
- Piglets will have an iron shot administered at birth.
- Piglets will have their needle teeth clipped at 1 day old.
- Piglets will receive their 1st & 2nd de-worming treatments between 4-6 weeks old.
It is understood by purchaser that all piglets/pigs are solely purchased as pets and do NOT have any breeding rights. Purchaser agrees to spay their piglet/pig before it reaches 6 months of age. A letter from a licensed veterinarian as proof of spay must be received by seller via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, once the required procedure has been completed.
Failure to comply with OOMP’s *Spay Agreement will result in a penalty charge of five thousand dollars ($5,000), the average breeding value of one litter. Our attorney fees to recover the penalty fine will be paid by the purchaser.
*** I have read and fully agree to abide by all the terms and conditions of Oink, Oink, Mini Pigs’ Sales & Adoption Policy Agreement. Furthermore, I confirm that I am 18 years of age or older and legally permitted to enter into this agreement.
***Electronic confirmation & acceptance of this agreement must be made on Oink, Oink, Mini Pigs’ Adoption Request Application prior to any adoption/purchase.
Purchaser’s Name: ______________________________________
Electronic Acceptance Confirmation: __________
Date Accepted: ____________